Angling Technics was established in 1992 with the mission statement of building and designing boats that could be used to carry and dispense bait accurately. It has steadily grown in popularity and product range size and many anglers only use Angling Technics bait boats, such as the one reviewed on this page, the Angling Technics Procat MK 2. Despite weighing less than 3 Kg it can still carry a decent enough of bait for a short fishing session and that can even be expanded.
- Digital 2GHz radio that doesn’t require an aerial and avoids interference with other boats on the water at the same time
- High grade gloss ABS design
- 2 drive motors rather than propellers which help avoid tangles in weeds and debris on top of the water and under the water
- Very accurate and intuitive steering and the boat can turn round a full 360 degrees
- 4 L.E.D. lights round the boat in different colours to help you understand which way they boat is facing in the dark when fishing at night
- Dimmer/brightness control on handset
- Light design and very silent running means you can drop bait and catch fish without disturbing or scaring the targeted fish away
- Hopper bait capacity which can be extended and upgraded to 0.75 Kg
- Sits lower in the water than most bait boats and sleek design makes it easier for manoeuvring under low lying branches
- 12 months guarantee
The Angling Technics Procat MK2 bait boat is a great little model which is not only very small and hydro dynamically designed but it is very easy to use. On the handset the left joy stick is used to control both the hopper drop and the lights, while the right joy stick controls directional movement of the boat. It also has a very good running on a full charge of batteries.
The Procat MK2 is in a similar vein to other modern bait boats in that it is controlled and operated by a digital radio handset and does not rely on propellers to move it across the water. Just 2 drive motors are all it needs to skim silently to that area of the water you wish to drop your bait. Whereas some boats only have an on/off switch for the L.E.D.s, the handset for the Angling Technics Procat MK2 has a button that not only turns the lights on and off, but can also control the dimness or brightness of the lights.
You can also purchase the following extras for your Angling Technics Procat MK2:
- Super power 13 watts solar panel
- Front facing spot light
- Deluxe robust and padded bait boat bag
- Heavy duty spare battery
Whether you are new to angling or a seasoned pro, and you see the real benefits of using a bait boat, it is always a good idea to choose a model that has been created by a reputable company. As well as the confidence that you are investing in a well-designed product, there is also the fact that for the bigger, more established manufacturers there are many customer reviews. Over all, if you are looking for a decently priced, light, nimble and smaller model, the Angling Technics Procat MK2 bait boat may be right up your street!